Thank you for your interest in supporting this site.
There are many ways to support this site, some of which cost money, others that don't.
Support this site for free:
- Like or reblog posts you enjoy on Tumblr.
- Tell your friends who are interested in writing about this site
Support this site monetarily:
Patreon is a site that allows users to become patrons of creators they enjoy. You can pledge $1, $5, $10, or $25 monthly (it is a recurring payment). In return, you will receive rewards.
- $1 per month will get you prioritized asks.
- $5 per month will get you prioritized asks, and early access to certain series posts.
- $10 per month will get you prioritized asks, early access to certain series, and will also be permitted to submit up to 3 pages, or roughly 900 words, for critique. Your writing will not be shared with any third parties. This will only be available to 100 patrons, as I will not be able to keep up with everything else if I agree to critique too many pages.
- $25 per month will get you prioritized asks, early access to certain series, and will also be permitted to submit up to 10 pages, or roughly 3000 words, for critique. Your writing will not be shared with any third parties. This will only be available to 25 patrons, as I will not be able to keep up with everything else if I agree to critique too many pages.
In addition to the rewards above, all Patreons may recieve up to 11 hours early access for regular Settings Sundays and Magical Mondays posts.
What these rewards mean:
Prioritized Asks: Asks are currently put into a queue until I have time to answer them. They are answered in the order they were received. Because of how many additional asks come in when I start publishing them, I wait until I have more than 20 ready to be published. Prioritized asks will create a second list, which will be taken care of (also in order received) before other asks.
Asks can currently only be submitted to characterdevelopmentforwriters.tumblr.com/ask. You do not need a Tumblr account to do this. You do not need to support me on Patreon to submit asks either. If your ask is sent anonymously it will be answered publicly. If your ask is sent while not on anon, it will be answered privately. When you become a patron on Patreon, you will receive instructions on how to send prioritized asks in your thank you message.
Early Access: Patreon patrons will gain access to some series posts 2 months before they are published publicly. Not all series posts will be early access; series that are written in response to asks will be available to all within 48 hours of completion. (The 48 hours is to give me time to step back for a bit before checking for clarity and typos.)
Critique: Critique can be given for the following things: a scene in your story, a character concept, a story concept, a plot/plot-twist, or similar. If I suspect you are trying to get me to help with your homework, I will decline and allow you to submit something else for your monthly critique.
Thank you again for your interest in supporting this site, and a special thanks to the following people:
Leafquill and The Fifth World.